- Physical examination: The doctor will do a comprehensive physical examination of your pet including temperature, weight, heart, lungs, ears, eyes, teeth, skin and external reproductive system.
- Serum Chemistry Profile with electrolytes: This blood test is used for assessing the health of the liver, kidneys, pancreas, and other internal organs. It is important in early detection of many problems such as diabetes, internal organ disease, cancer and many other diseases
- Complete Urinalysis: a urine sample is very useful in the evaluation of the urinary system (kidneys and bladder) and in the early detection of several geriatric illnesses including diabetes.
- Thyroid gland testing (T4): this test is used to evaluate thyroid gland function. Thyroid dysfunction leads to poor hair coat, obesity and possibly heart disease.
- Complete Blood Count (CBC) with packed cell volume (PCV) and total protein (TP): The red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets and protein levels are evaluated with these tests. These tests help to diagnose anemia, infections and leukemia.
Senior Wellness Package Level One (I) will include an initial visit and a written review of the test results, with recommendations. During the initial visit, your pet will stay with us to allow sufficient time to perform the tests and procedures needed to complete the Senior Wellness Package. The written review and recommendations will be sent when the results have returned and been evaluated.
The Senior Wellness Packages are a 30% savings over the cost of these tests and services if they were to be done separately.
A Senior Wellness Package allows for the opportunity to maintain the health of your pet as he or she ages. As your “other family doctor”, East Central Veterinarians is committed to keeping your other family members as healthy as possible.